1. PS3_Kiwi

PS3_Kiwi Well-Known Member Extraordinary Hunter

Blog Posts:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    SteelBooks:
    FuturePaks:
    Other Metals:
    DigiBooks:
    I have revived this thread, and made some adjustments.

When I first started working and earning enough money to buy 33 rpm LP records, I amassed quite the collection. I had metal racks full of albums, and they were my pride and joy. Alas, when I moved to New Zealand, I had them shipped over at great cost, but, my flat was burgled, and they took the lot. Now I can return to those days with my movie collection, by purchasing a few of these Big Sleeve Editions. But, like their music vinyl cousins, they are quite expensive.

It seems that the Big Sleeve Editions (BSE) are beginning to get a decent following in the UK. The first releases from Disney were available from all of the UK online sellers, and some of the early releases are still available from Amazon, Zavvi, etc. Now, Tesco are the exclusive distributors in the UK, but fans are calling for online retailers to again be given licence to sell them, as its hard to grab some of the really popular titles before they go on ebay or Amazon re-sellers.

Originally Disney were the only studio issuing these BSE's, but now other studios are jumping on the bandwagon. Universal are said to be lining up several titles. Lionsgate and Sony also have titles available.

I have watched several "unboxing" videos on You Tube, and I was very impressed with the artwork and glossy finishes. All releases include at least four 12" art cards. The cards are not something that I am interested in, but there are many collectors who are. These artcards can be displayed on your wall.

Because of the beautiful presentation on these releases, they will make a wonderful birthday or Christmas gift for any movie lovers that you know. Or, start your own collection. There are several innovative ways to display and store the sleeves.

While the early releases were Blu-ray and DVD only, a 3D disc has been released, and there are also three 4K UHD titles available.

Here is a link to the Big Sleeve Edition Fans Facebook page. Please go have a look and "like" their page. Maybe become a follower.

Big Sleeve Edition Fans

[​IMG]

27 Big Sleeve Edition's Released.

November 2016
    Aladdin
    Beauty & the Beast (1991)
    Cinderella (Live Action)
    Finding Dory
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens

March 2017
    Ant-Man
    Doctor Strange

April 2017
    Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

June 2017
    T2: Trainspotting

July 2017
    Beauty & the Beast (Live Action)

September 2017
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

November 2017
    Back to the Future Trilogy
    Blue Planet II
    E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial
    Fast & Furious 8
    Frozen
    Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures
    Jurassic Park: Ultimate Trilogy
    Lion King, The
    Nightmare Before Christmas, The
    Spider-Man: Homecoming
    Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

February 2018
    Thor: Ragnarok

April 2018
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi

June 2018
    Black Panther

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018 at 10:52 PM
    assassin likes this.

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PS3_Kiwi, Nov 25, 2016.